Holistic healers use a pendulum for measuring energy fields or as a dowsing tool for divination purposes.
- Choosing a Pendulum: It is important to allow a pendulum to choose you, rather than the other way around. Choosing a pendulum in person is the best way to realize which one catches the eye.
- Touching it and feeling a temperature change or a subtle vibration may mean it is the lucky one. If the way it looks and feels seems right, then it’s the one.
- Cleansing the Pendulum: Cleansing the pendulum can be done by holding it under running cold tap water, soaking it in sea salt, or setting a mental intention to free it of possible picked up energies. After cleansing the pendulum, carry it around with you to see how it feels.
- Understand the Directional Swings: Pendulums swing in vertical straight lines, horizontal straight lines, and in circular movements. This can be done side-by-side, front and back, clockwise, counterclockwise, in an elliptical motion, or even in a bobbing movement up and down, which often indicates a strong affirmative action.
- Define the Directional Swings: Assign each directional swing a “response” by first asking the pendulum to show you what certain responses look like. For example, start off by asking, “What does a NO look like?” and subsequently, “What does a YES look like?” Posing these questions to your pendulum will help define directional swings, which must happen before advancing to more challenging questions.
- Pendulum Response Examples:
- Vertical swing signifies NO
- Horizontal swing signifies YES
- Circular movement signifies NEUTRAL
- Prepare Questions: A question should be one that can be answered with a positive, negative or neutral response.
- Good Question Example:
- “Will I be offered the job I interviewed for this morning?”
- Poor Question Example:
- Will my pregnant cousin deliver a boy or girl?”
- Set Intentions: It is imperative to precede the question session with a prayerful request or statement. For example, that may be as simple as saying something along the lines of, “It is my intention to receive truthful answers which will serve the good of all concerned.”
Questions to Ask Before and Between the Next: Be prepared to ask several questions in order to receive enough information to aid in the quest for thorough answers. Make sure to completely stop any pendulum motion between questions to clear any lingering energies that pertain to the previous question.
5 Tips When Using a Pendulum
- Before practicing these exercises, ensure the following materials are included:
- Intentional Mind Set
- Pendulum Chart (this can be downloaded free on our site)
- Accept information only if your instincts assure you it is accurate.
- Keep a notebook handy to write down any questions and the pendulum’s response.
- Each pendulum may have a different response. Likewise, each person must establish their own directional swings before using a pendulum.
- Make sure that your pendulums have been cleared of any negative energies before and after each use.
Disclaimer: The information contained on this site is intended for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for advice, diagnosis or treatment by a licensed physician. You should seek prompt medical care for any health issues and consult your doctor before using alternative medicine or making a change to your regimen.