The loss of libido can have many causes. Sometimes it could be physical such as thyroid issues or medications and other times, it can be mental or emotional. Stress often being the greatest contributor, issues within relationships, fatigue, depression and the list goes on. Though there is no need to hide under the covers with your grandma socks on. Here’s where essential oils enter.
As human beings we are strongly impacted by fragrances and aromas. Our limbic system is located at the back of our brain and it is associated with memory, emotion, and learning. Thus, it’s easy to understand how smelling essential oils can have a powerful impact on us physically and emotionally. Aroma has proven to arouse the senses, create a more pleasant environment, and increase desire.
Essential Oils with Aphrodisiac Properties:
*Always remember to dilute when using topically if you are not fluent with the oils.*
1. Black Pepper is a warming, spicy oil that strengthens circulation. It can stimulate the appetite, literally and sexually.
2. Cinnamonis another warming oil, the scent is sweet and spicy. It improves circulation and blood flow.
3. Sandalwood essential oil promotes emotional openness.
4. Ylang Ylangis a floral scent, it increases sexual desire, encourages attraction and supports the circulatory system. This is one of the most powerful essential oil aphrodisiacs.
5. Roseessential oil is good for the heart, emotionally and physically. It improves and supports the circulatory system.
7. Patchouliessential oil has a musky, woodsy smell. It improves the spirits and balances the libido.
8. Gingeris a sweet, warm oil that supports the circulatory system. It increases openness in both men and women.
9. Geranium essential oil is a favorite choice of ours, especially on Valentine’s Day because of its sweet floral scent. It is an affordable alternative to Rose essential oil and to the untrained nose, a very similar aroma. Geranium is wonderful for the skin and used as a perfume it can inspire peace and calm.
10. Neroli essential oil has a wonderful citrus scent. Similar to orange blossoms, Neroli is used often during wedding ceremonies because it is known to stimulate romantic feelings. Diffusing Neroli in the home can set the stage for a romantic and playful Valentine’s Day.
11. Jasmine essential oil has been used for years for its aphrodisiac properties. It’s floral, exotic fragrance is said to arouse feelings of passion and desire. Who couldn’t use a little of that on Valentine’s Day? Mix a few drops with a carrier oil and massage over the heart.
12. Clary Sage essential oil is one of those love-it or hate-it oils. With its herbaceous woodsy scent, it won’t appeal to everyone. Clary Sage oil has powerful benefits for those that are drawn to it. Promoting euphoria, Clary Sage oil can boost creativity and inspirational thoughts.