- Super Washing Soda – (2/3 cup)
- Baking Soda – (3 Tbsp)
- Liquid Castile soap – 1/2 cup, any scent
- Water– 5 cups, divided
- Bring 5 cups of water to a boil.
- Pour washing soda into a large glass bowl then slowly stir in 2 cups of boiling water until washing soda is completely dissolved.
- Add one tablespoon of baking soda at a time and stir well to combine. The mixture will thicken as baking soda is added until it is a pudding-like texture.
- Stir in ½ cup Castile soap until well combined. Slowly stir in remaining 3 cups of boiling water.
- Cool to room temperature, the mixture will separate while cooling. (I let my detergent rest overnight.)
- Combine separated mixture by blending or whisking until smooth.
- Store liquid detergent in a glass bottle. Use 1/3 cup per load of laundry.
Notes on Using Laundry Detergent Liquid with Castile Soap
- If the detergent sits for an extended period of time it may separate, stir or shake to combine.
- The detergent has a thin gel-like consistency, pour directly on top of clothes instead of using your liquid detergent dispenser.
- Use vinegar in the rinse water for extra softness. Add it to the fabric softener dispenser.
- Make sure to fully dissolve the washing soda completely while making or the detergent will be gritty.